Dr Dean will discuss 3 conditions in rabbit medicine and surgery that is commonly seen in exotic animal practice. An overview of the physical examination of a rabbit and what to pay specific attention to. With the 3 conditions there will be a discussion about the disease, clinical signs, diagnostic investigations, treatment options and how to prevent recurrence of the disease of the required to work.
- What is the prognosis and how is this decision achieved
- How to help prevent these conditions
- What the treatment options are
- What investigations are required to diagnose these conditions
- A background of the 3 conditions (liver lobe torsion, head tilt, facial abscesses) and the typical signs on the history and physical exam
- How to perform a thorough rabbit physical examination